What makes us different?
Our mission is to create a child's paradise, with opportunities in every aspect for active learning. We believe in the power of self-discovery and confidence building through expanded opportunities for growth. We desire to inspire children to think, imagine, and discover, in order to develop their own personal identity and independence, as well as increase their knowledge and awareness of their own spirituality; giving them a foundation in Christ's love, and purpose for their lives.
what we offer:
1. LOWER TEACHER TO CHILD RATIOS. We are the only preschool in the area offering a ratio of 1 teacher to 9 children.
2. TEACHERS WHO ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED AND PASSIONATE ABOUT CHILD DEVELOPMENT. Our teachers are dedicated to your child and to this preschools mission statement. They get 2 hours a day WITHOUT students to plan, discuss, and implement to provide the best learning atmosphere and activities.
3. QUALITY AND AUTHENTIC ENVIRONMENT. Our classrooms are filled with exciting opportunities for learning, while our outdoor environment sparks imagination, creativity, and discovery. We encourage active involvement and utilize our outdoor space all year round, as an extension of our classroom. Using real materials, tools, and allowing enough monitored risk, to help children build their own self-confidence and independence.
4. PROJECT/DISCOVERY BASED LEARNING
Comprehensive play-based approach that strives to help children develop in all academic, social , and cognitive areas, to create confident adults, through addressing the "whole child". Students learn through active involvement with people, materials, events, and ideas.
5. IMPORTANT CONCEPTS. Our students will learn the meaning of words taught but rarely actualized like: trust, respect, love, patience, hard work...etc. Children will be encouraged to grasp a deeper understanding of their own importance, and the importance of others. Utilizing their own conclusions on important concepts, to help form their own ideals, and create independent thought and action steps for their own positive futures.
HighScope is our chosen Curriculum. High scope is a research based and validated curriculum.
PHILOSOPHY OF HIGH SCOPE:
Young children build, or "construct" their knowledge of the world. This means that learning is not simply a process of adults giving information to children. Rather, children participate actively in the learning process. They discover things through direct expression with people, objects, events, and ideas. Preschoolers make plans and follow through on their intentions and interests.
Teachers are as active and involved as children in their classroom. They thoughtfully provide materials, plan activities, and talk with (not at) children in ways that support and challenge what children are observing and thinking.
Heritage School of Discovery promises to always put what is best for the children first, and foremost. We are a preschool designed specifically with your children in mind.